Tampa in Hillsborough County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Historic Fire Station No. 4
It was a two- story frame building with a bell tower. Equipped with a hose - wagon and a hook and ladder truck, it also housed a blacksmith shop, and served as a hospital for fire horses.
In 1906, it was replaced with a brick building, and was used until 1972. In 1974, the station was designated for a museum, but was destroyed through a bureaucratic blunder.
Erected 1990 by The Italian - American Golf Association With The Cooperation of the Tampa Historical Society.
Location. 27° 57.702′ N, 82° 26.333′ W. Marker is in Tampa, Florida, in Hillsborough County. Marker is on East 9th Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Located in Ybor City Historic District of Tampa in Centennial Park. Marker is in this post office area: Tampa FL 33605, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Ybor Centennial Park (a few steps from this marker); La Joven Francesa Bakery (within shouting distance of this marker); Mayor Nick C. Nuccio (within shouting distance of this marker); Anthony P. "Tony" Pizzo (within shouting distance of this marker); Anthony P. Pizzo (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Historic Fort King Trail (about 300 feet away); Italian Club Life In Tampa (about 500 feet away); L’Unione Italiana (about 500 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Tampa.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Government • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,716 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.