Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Gras-Devall Plaza

 
 
Gras-Devall Plaza Marker image. Click for full size.
August 14, 2015
1. Gras-Devall Plaza Marker
Inscription. These four corners were dedicated for public use in 1809 by Antonio Gras and Edith and Richard Devall. A market was to be in the center, and the corners were used for hitching horses and wagons.
 
Erected by City of Baton Rouge.
 
Location. 30° 27.083′ N, 91° 11.234′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and North Fourth Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Baton Rouge LA 70802, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Joseph Cathedral (within shouting distance of this marker); The Former Baptismal Fount (within shouting distance of this marker); Original Site of the First Methodist Church of Baton Rouge (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Vincent's Academy/Catholic High School (about 500 feet away); Morgan House Site (about 500 feet away); Fort Sumter Saloon (about 500 feet away); Congregation B'Nai Israel (about 600 feet away); Old Arsenal Museum (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Baton Rouge.
 
Categories. Industry & CommerceSettlements & Settlers
 
Gras-Devall Plaza Marker image. Click for full size.
August 14, 2015
2. Gras-Devall Plaza Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 152 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement