“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Baton Rouge in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)

St. James Episcopal Church

St. James Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
August 14, 2015
1. St. James Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription. The congregation first organized in 1819, received their charter as St. James Church in 1844. The second church, of Gothic Revival style, was completed in 1895. Mrs. Zachary Taylor was an early member.
Erected by City of Baton Rouge.
Location. 30° 26.902′ N, 91° 11.212′ W. Marker is in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in East Baton Rouge Parish. Marker is on Convention Street near North 4th Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 N 4th St., Baton Rouge LA 70801, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Original Site of the First Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Post Office (about 400 feet away); Third Street (about 500 feet away); Alvin Batiste (about 600 feet away); Morgan House Site (about 600 feet away); Former Governor's Mansion (about 700 feet away); Oliver Pollock (about 800 feet away); Congregation B'Nai Israel (about 800 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Baton Rouge.
Also see . . .  St. James Episcopal Church. (Submitted on September 7, 2015.)
Categories. Churches, Etc.
St. James Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
August 14, 2015
2. St. James Episcopal Church
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 128 times since then and 77 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement