Historic Building 1948
In 1944 the American Legion and American War Dads joined forces to honor the war dead with this Memorial Building. In 1947 the V.F.W. and the Ladies Auxiliaries joined them in a fund drive to save expenses. Volunteers cleaned salvaged bricks until the wee hours of the mornings. Masons would lay the bricks the next morning. On May 30, 1951, it was dedicated to both the dead and the living veterans. The city took over the building in 1986.
Erected 1992 by Pleasant Hill Downtown Association.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Missouri, Pleasant Hill Downtown Association marker series.
Location. 38° 47.171′ N, 94° 16.424′ W. Marker is in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, in Cass County. Marker is at the intersection of Paul Street and Veterans Parkway (AKA Lake St), on the right when traveling west on Paul Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pleasant Hill MO 64080, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pleasant Hill, Missouri (within shouting distance of this marker); 110 South Lake Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Col. Hiram Bledsoe (within shouting distance
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • War, Korean • War, Vietnam • War, World II •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 133 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.