105 First Street
Historic Building 1881
In 1858 John Armstrong purchased this and surrounding land from the U.S. knowing the Pacific Railroad would site its station here. Armstrong sold some land to the railroad for $1.00. By 1865, when the railroad began construction, business men from 'Old Town' wanted to relocate here. Portions of the site sold for as much as $5500. This building erected in 1881 has had many businesses, including a Western Auto Store (1983-90) operated by Phil and Delores Crotty, the present owners.
Erected 1992 by Pleasant Hill Downtown Association.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Missouri, Pleasant Hill Downtown Association marker series.
Location. 38° 47.12′ N, 94° 16.483′ W. Marker is in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, in Cass County. Marker is on 1st Street south of Wyoming Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 105 1st Street, Pleasant Hill MO 64080, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 111 First Street (a few steps from this marker); 117 First Street (within shouting distance of this marker); 119 First Street (within shouting distance of this
Also see . . .
1. Pleasant Hill Downtown Historic District, NRHP. (Submitted on September 9, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Historic Pleasant Hill MO. (Submitted on September 9, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 174 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.