Richmond in Fort Bend County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Fort Bend
William Little, William
Smithers, Charles Beard,
Joseph Polly, and Henry
Holster. - Its name was
given to the county when
created in 1837.
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 8993.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 29° 34.951′ N, 95° 45.518′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Texas, in Fort Bend County. Marker is on Liberty Street (Alternate U.S. 90) east of South 2nd Street, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. The marker is in the park off 2nd Street on the southwest bank of the Brazos River - between Liberty and Jackson Streets, the divided west and east-bound lanes of U.S. Hwy 90. Marker is at or near this postal address: 141 Jackson Street, Richmond TX 77469, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of the Home of Randal Jones (here, next to this marker); Morton Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of the Home of Mirabeau B. Lamar (approx. 0.6 miles away); Dismounted Texas Cavalry First Baptist Church of Rosenberg (approx. 3.5 miles away); Texas Prison System Central State Farm Main Building (approx. 6.2 miles away); Hodge's Bend Cemetery (approx. 7 miles away); Sugar Land Refinery (approx. 7.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Richmond.
Also see . . . Fort Bend County. "- by 2011 Fort Bend was ranked the fourth most racially-diverse country in the United States by USA Today -" (Submitted on June 30, 2013, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Brazos River
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 543 times since then and 225 times this year. Last updated on , by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.