117 First Street
Historic Building circa 1895
From 1895 to 1913 Rolly Brothers restaurant was here. They had a waiting room for ladies in front and a dining room being cut off by a row of palms. In 1904 the rear half was added facing the Mo. Pacific Depot enabling the restaurant to cater to the railroad traffic. In 1915 it had something new in town "a mechanical phonograph." Arched openings from 113 to 117 gave Pleasant Hill one of the country's first enclosed malls. It has been an ice cream parlor, cigar store, confectionary, bus station, watch repair and a drug store. From 1936-47, it then became a variety store and later a restaurant operated by Blake and Mary Lou Sloan current owners.
Erected 1992 by Pleasant Hill Downtown Association.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Missouri, Pleasant Hill Downtown Association marker series.
Location. 38° 47.106′ N, 94° 16.467′ W. Marker is in Pleasant Hill, Missouri, in Cass County. Marker is on 1st Street north of Commercial Street, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 117 1st Street, Pleasant Hill MO 64080, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 119 First Street (a few steps from this marker); 121 First Street
Also see . . .
1. Pleasant Hill Downtown Historic District, NRHP. (Submitted on September 12, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Historic Pleasant Hill MO. (Submitted on September 12, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 134 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.