Morristown in Saint Lawrence County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Stone Wind Mill
at Morristown, New York
by Hugh Mc Connell
a miller from Scotland
[stone at base of marker] This windmill property given to the village of Morristown, July 24, 1943, by Laura S. Chapman and Charles S. Chapman, N.A., noted american artist.
Location. 44° 35.345′ N, 75° 38.861′ W. Marker is in Morristown, New York, in Saint Lawrence County. Marker is at the intersection of Morris Street and Ann Street, on the right when traveling west on Morris Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morristown NY 13664, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Honor Roll (here, next to this marker); A Tribute to Our Nation's Defenders (a few steps from this marker); Fulford Place (approx. 1.3 miles away in Canada); Senator George T. Fulford (approx. 2.1 kilometers away in Canada); George Chaffey (approx. 2.5 kilometers away in Canada); Blockhouse Island (approx. 2.6 kilometers away in Canada); The Brockville "Van" or Caboose The Brockville Tunnel (approx. 2.7 kilometers away in Canada). Click for a list of all markers in Morristown.
Regarding Stone Wind Mill. Charles Shepard Chapman b. Morriston, NY 1879; d. Leonia, NJ 1962.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 140 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.