Near Henrietta Township in Jackson County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
marks the site where
John Batteese Berrard
built the first
Indian trading post
William E. Flemming
1816 — 1985
Location. 42° 24.133′ N, 84° 18.995′ W. Marker is near Henrietta Township, Michigan, in Jackson County. Marker is on Bunkerhill Road one mile south of Territorial Road (Michigan Highway M106), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. The marker is located on Bunkerhill Road, just east of the north end of Batteese Lake. it is located approximately 1 mile south of territorial Rd. and about 1 mile north of junction of M106 and Bunkerhill Rd. Marker is at or near this postal address: 395 Bunkerhill Road, Munith MI 49259, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Meridian - Baseline Intial Points (approx. 2.5 miles away); The Jackson Area (approx. 9.2 miles away); First State Prison (approx. 11.1 miles away); St. John's Church (approx. 11.2 miles away); Jacksonburg Public Square (approx. 11.7 miles away); First Congregational Church (approx. 11.7 miles away); Horace Ismon / Ismon Building (approx. 11.7 miles away); Grass Lake / Michigan Central Railroad Depot (approx. 11.7 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Rae Pierce of Rives Junction, Michigan. This page has been viewed 146 times since then and 9 times this year. Last updated on , by Rae Pierce of Rives Junction, Michigan. Photo 1. submitted on , by Rae Pierce of Rives Junction, Michigan. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.