Hopkinsville in Christian County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Reverse side map of: Locations of twenty-two courthouses in Kentucky burned during Civil War.
Erected 1963 by the Kentucky Historical Society Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 577.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 36° 52.017′ N, 87° 29.291′ W. Marker is in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, in Christian County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and Court Street, on the right when traveling south on South Main Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 511 South Main Street, Hopkinsville KY 42240, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lewis & Clark in Kentucky (here, next to this marker); County Named, 1797 (a few steps from this marker); Hotel Latham (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Grace Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away); First Presbyterian (approx. 0.2 miles away); Peace Park (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pioneer Graveyard (approx. 0.3 miles away); Charles S. Morehead, 1802-1868 (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Hopkinsville.
Also see . . . Civil War Items found in 2014 from burned courthouse of 1864. (Submitted on September 23, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Government • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 190 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.