Near Shingletown in Shasta County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The school was vacant for a few years while a new building was built at Black Butte Road. In 1958 the building was occupied and called the Church of the Wildwood. Later, when it became vacant, it was purchased by Greg and Karen Jones in 1992. Greg had it moved from Black Butte Road to Inwood and its present location at 28888 Inwood Road. It is now being used as their living quarters.
Erected 2009 by E Clampus Vitus, Lassen-Loomis Chapter #1914.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 40° 30.822′ N, 121° 58.482′ W. Marker is near Shingletown, California, in Shasta County. Marker is on Inward Road near Westmoore Road, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 28888 Inwood Road, Shingletown CA 96088, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nobles Trail – Charley’s Ranch (approx. 0.9 miles away); Charlie’s Place (approx. 1.2 miles away); Shingletown Store Nobles Emigrant Trail (approx. 4.9 miles away); Noble’s Bungalow (approx. 6.5 miles away); Hennessy House (approx. 7.7 miles away); Manton Store (approx. 7.7 miles away); Manton Schoolhouse (approx. 8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Shingletown.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 148 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.