Pioche in Lincoln County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Masonic Lodges have used this building since 1872.
The Royal Arch Masons first owned the building when they were issued a Dispensation on June 12, 1873.
Shortly after that St. John's Lodge #18 was issued a Charter on Nov. 20, 1873.
At the turn of the century both of these lodges moved to the boom town of Delamar, where fire destroyed most of the building records and regalia.
The Royal Arch Masons then gave the building in Pioche to St. John's Lodge in about 1905 and it has been used by them continuously since that time.
Location. 37° 55.825′ N, 114° 27.112′ W. Marker is in Pioche, Nevada, in Lincoln County. Marker is on Lacour Street north of Main Street, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. The Masonic Hall is on the west side of Lacour Street, just north of where that street intersects Main Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 282 Lacour Street, Pioche NV 89043, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Commercial Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Fire Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Mountain View Hotel (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Oddfellows and Rebekahs Christ Church (about 700 feet away); The Veitch House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pioche (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wheeler Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pioche.
Also see . . . History of the Lodge. St. John Lodge No. 18 provides a history of their Lodge and of Pioche. (Submitted on October 9, 2015.)
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Trev Meed of Round Mountain, Nevada. This page has been viewed 179 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Trev Meed of Round Mountain, Nevada. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.