Carson City in Carson City, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
V & T, 1869-1950
This building was headquarters for the fabled Virginia & Truckee Railroad. From Carson City rails extended in three directions: To Virginia City in 1870, to Reno in 1872, and to Minden in 1906. The line to Virginia City was abandoned in 1939; The balance in 1950
Erected 1964 by Daughters of the American Colonists. (Marker Number 21.)
Location. 39° 10.102′ N, 119° 46.007′ W. Marker is in Carson City, Nevada, in Carson City. Marker is at the intersection of Carson Street and Washington Street, on the right when traveling north on Carson Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 113 East Washington Street, Carson City NV 89701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The United States Mint at Carson City, Nevada (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The United States Mint Carson City, Nevada (about 400 feet away); St. Peter’s Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); Historic Fraternal Site of Carson City (approx. ¼ mile away); Carson City (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rinckel Mansion Methodist Church of Carson City (approx. 0.3 miles away); Olcovich-Meyers House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Carson City.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Trev Meed of Round Mountain, Nevada. This page has been viewed 135 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Trev Meed of Round Mountain, Nevada. 3. submitted on . • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.