Clarksdale in Coahoma County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Carnegie Public Library
Construction began in 1913, and the Jacobethan/Gothic Revival-style building opened on April 14, 1914. The "Book Wagon," Coahoma County's first bookmobile, began here in 1923.
Erected 2014 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Carnegie Libraries marker series.
Location. 34° 12.227′ N, 90° 34.51′ W. Marker is in Clarksdale, Mississippi, in Coahoma County. Marker is at the intersection of Delta Avenue and 1st Street, on the right when traveling north on Delta Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 114 Delta Avenue, Clarksdale MS 38614, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Temple Beth Israel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clarksdale (about 400 feet away); WROX Radio (approx. Ike Turner (approx. 0.2 miles away); Harvey B. Heidelberg (approx. 0.2 miles away); J.W. Cutrer House (approx. 0.2 miles away); W. C. Handy (approx. ¼ mile away); Delta Blues Museum (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Clarksdale.
Also see . . . Clarksdale Carnegie Library website. (Submitted on October 24, 2015, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Architecture • Arts, Letters, Music • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.