Everglades in Collier County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Collier County Courthouse
In 1953, the town was incorporated as Everglades City. In 1962, the county seat moved to Naples and the building became Everglades City Hall.
In 2005, it was damaged by Hurricane Wilma and has since been completely restored by Mayor Sammy Hamilton, Jr.
Erected 2003 by Everglades Society for Historic Preservation.
Location. 25° 51.472′ N, 81° 23.061′ W. Marker is in Everglades, Florida, in Collier County. Marker is at the intersection of Copeland Avenue North and Broadway Avenue East, on the right when traveling north on Copeland Avenue North. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 102 Copeland Ave North, Everglades City FL 34139, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Everglades Community Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Laundry Building - Everglades Women's Club (about The Cypress Swamp (approx. 4.9 miles away); Ochopee Post Office (approx. 6.2 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.