Morristown in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
promoter of Morris Canal,
built this house in 1810.
He operated a private
school here until 1825.
Erected by State of New Jersey.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 40° 47.532′ N, 74° 28.878′ W. Marker was in Morristown, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker was on Macculloch Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker has been replaced by newer marker with same title. Marker was at or near this postal address: 45 Macculloch Avenue, Morristown NJ 07960, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. MacCulloch Hall (here, next to this marker); Thomas Nast (within shouting distance of this marker); Sansay House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Continental Army Encampments (approx. 0.2 miles away); Church of the Assumption (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint Peterís Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mt. Kemble Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dr. Lewis Condict House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Morristown.
Also see . . . Macculloch Hall Historical Museum. (Submitted on July 9, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 944 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.