Wysox Presbyterian Church
This was the first church of white people in Pennsylvania north of Wilkes-Barre and the mother of the Towanda Presbyterian Church.
The building of this, the “Old Brick Church” was begun in 1828. The church became Presbyterian in 1830.
Erected by George Clymer Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, Eugenia Macfarlane Balch Fund.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 46.693′ N, 76° 23.745′ W. Marker is in Wysox, Pennsylvania, in Bradford County. Marker is on Route 187. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wysox PA 18854, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Major General John Sullivanís March (a few steps from this marker); Henry J. Madill (within shouting distance of this marker); Azilum (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lester Frank Ward (approx. 1.5 miles away); Rural Electrification (approx.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 88 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.