Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico — The Central Highlands
Captain Julian Diaz House
Casa de Julian Diaz
Este edificio se construyó a expensas del Capitán D. Julian Diaz de la Peña, bajo la dirección del genial Queretano Ignacio Mariano de las Casas. La primera piedra se colocó el 4 de Mayo de 1731 y se terminó la obra el año de 1748. Querétaro, Octubre 1951.
Comisión Local de Turismo.
This building was built with funds from Captain Julian Diaz, under the direction of the master builder of Querétaro, Ignacio Mariano de las Casas. The first stone was laid on May 4, 1731 and the work was finished in 1748. Querétaro, October 1951. Local Tourism Commission.
Erected by Comisión Local de Turismo.
Location. 20° 35.468′ N, 100° 23.617′ W. Marker is in Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro. Marker is on Allende Sur, on the left when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro 76000, Mexico.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Temple and Old Convent of San Agustin (within shouting distance of this marker); Vicente Guerrero Garden (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); Convent and Temple of Santo Domingo de Guzman (about 180 meters away); Alley of Matamoros Fountain of Santo Domingo (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Casa de los Ladrillos (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Ex-convent and Temple of San Francisco (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Old Oratory of San Felipe Neri (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Click for a list of all markers in Santiago de Querétaro.
Categories. • Architecture • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of San Salvador, El Salvador. This page has been viewed 172 times since then and 94 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of San Salvador, El Salvador. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.