Rogers in Benton County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Opened Monday, December 5, 1927, to a packed crowd of 750.
First Production: "American Beauty"
Notable Performers Over the Years:
Will Rogers, Conway Twitty
Designed by A.O. Clarke
Built by John Myler
It was the second theater in Rogers.
It was the first to have a fire proof projection booth.
The sound system was added in 1929 for "talking pictures".
First air-conditioned building in Rogers.
10,526 square feet - $35,000 original cost
This property has been placed on the
National Register of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Victory Theater Renovation
1927 - 2000
Rogers Little Theater
Purchased by the City of Rogers
August 15, 2008
Erected by Rogers Noon Rotary Club / Arkansas Historic Preservation Program, Dept of Arkansas Heritage / Rogers Little Theater / City of Rogers.
Location. 36° 19.952′ Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 114-118 South 2nd Street, Rogers AR 72756, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Daisy Airgun Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); Arvest Bank (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Harris Baking Company (about 300 feet away); First United Methodist Church (about 400 feet away); Historic Rogers Post Office Building (about 600 feet away); F-101B Voodoo (approx. 2.7 miles away); All Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.8 miles away); Cross Hollows (approx. 3.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Rogers.
Also see . . .
1. Victory Theater History. (Submitted on November 18, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Victory Theater History. (Submitted on November 18, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
3. About the Victory Theater. (Submitted on November 18, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Entertainment • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 172 times since then and 90 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.