Ciudad de Mexico, Distrito Federal, Mexico — The Central Highlands
Convent of Our Lady of the Angels of Churubusco
Dependencia de la Insp. Gral. de Monumentos Artísticos e Históricos
Convent of Our Lady of the Angels of Churubusco constructed by the Franciscans and reconstructed in 1590. Church constructed in 1668.
Erected by Dependencia de la Inspección General de Monumentos Artísticos e Históricos.
Location. 19° 21.278′ N, 99° 8.927′ W. Marker is in Ciudad de Mexico, Distrito Federal. Marker can be reached from 20 de Agosto. Click for map. The marker is directly inside on the right hand side of the entrance arch to the ex-convent and current museum.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saint Patrick Battalion Plaza (here, next to this marker); The Defense at the Battle of Churubusco (a few steps from this marker); Monument to the Mexican Fallen of 1847 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Dolphin House/House of the Marquess of Sierra Nevada (approx. 4.5 kilometers away); The Del Carmen Convent General José Frontera (approx. 4.6 kilometers away); Parish of San Jacinto (approx. 4.7 kilometers away); Tribute to John Riley (approx. 4.8 kilometers away). Click for a list of all markers in Ciudad de Mexico.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 271 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.