Near Brady in McCulloch County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of Camp San Saba
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4747.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 59.799′ N, 99° 15.505′ W. Marker is near Brady, Texas, in McCulloch County. Marker is on Wood Street east of Farm to Market Road 1955, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brady TX 76825, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Peter's Prairie School (approx. 7.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Early History of Camp San Saba. From J. Marvin Hunter’s Frontier Times Magazine, March, 1933 (Submitted on November 26, 2015.)
Categories. • War, US Civil • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 135 times since then and 47 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.