Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Morristown in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

MacCulloch Hall

 
 
MacCulloch Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
1. MacCulloch Hall Marker
Inscription. George MacCulloch, “Father of the Morris Canal,” and wife Louisa built this 1810-1819 Georgian Mansion. They established Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church. Louisa was first directress of family services of Morris County. The first recorded tomato in the state was grown in the garden.
 
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Location. 40° 47.532′ N, 74° 28.878′ W. Marker is in Morristown, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on MacCulloch Avenue. Click for map. This property is on the New Jersey Register of Historic Places and the National Register of Historic Places. Marker is in this post office area: Morristown NJ 07960, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Macculloch Hall (here, next to this marker but has been reported missing); Thomas Nast (within shouting distance of this marker); Sansay House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Continental Army Encampments (approx. 0.2 miles away); Church of the Assumption (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint Peter’s Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mt. Kemble Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dr. Lewis Condict House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Morristown.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Industry & CommerceWaterways & Vessels
 
MacCulloch Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
2. MacCulloch Hall Marker
MacCulloch Hall image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
3. MacCulloch Hall
MacCulloch Hall image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
4. MacCulloch Hall
MacCulloch Hall Historical Museum (plaque on exterior wall) image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
5. MacCulloch Hall Historical Museum (plaque on exterior wall)
Established 1949 by W. Parsons Todd 1877-1978
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 102 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement