Roseville in Placer County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Built in 1912, various businesses have occupied this building over the years, including Placer Savings, the Rainbow Club, Schmidt's Delicatessen and Dutra Liquors.
Known as Gordon Hall, the upstairs became a popular gathering place used by various community organizations.
The Roseville Chapter of the Fraternal Order of Eagles #1582 has continued that community tradition since purchasing the building in 1921.
Founded in 1907 the F.O.E. is a community and philanthropic organization living by the motto of
The City of Roseville & Roseville Chamber of Commerce
recognizes the F.O.E. for their property improvements
Location. 38° 45.004′ N, 121° 16.969′ W. Marker is in Roseville, California, in Placer County. Marker is at the intersection of Vernon Street and Lincoln Street, on the left when traveling north on Vernon Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 124 Vernon Street, Roseville CA 95678, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Railroad Hobbies Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Roseville’s First City Hall (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Southern Pacific Railroad No. 2252 Steam Locomotive (about 700 feet away); Roseville V.F.W. Post 1661 Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Roseville Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bank of Italy Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lest We Forget (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chicago West Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Roseville.
Also see . . . Eagles Hall. The F.O.E. presents a history of their building. (Submitted on December 9, 2015.)
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 128 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.