Coltons Point in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Saint Clement’s Island
(One-half mile oﬀshore)
The Island became a part of St. Clements Manor, granted Dr. Thomas Gerard, November 3, 1639 and was later owned by the Blackistone family for over 200 years during which it was known as Blackistone Island.
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 38° 13.477′ N, 76° 45.029′ W. Marker is in Coltons Point, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker is on Point Breeze Road 0.2 miles east of Colton Point Road (Route 242), on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coltons Point MD 20626, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Clement's Island Lighthouse (here, next to this marker); Mother of Light Shrine (a few steps from this marker); St. Clements Manor (a few steps from this marker); Potomac River Dory Boat (within shouting distance of this marker); Welcome to St. Clement's Island Maryland Began Here! (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Shrinking Island (approx. 1.2 miles away); St. Clement's Island (approx. 1.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Coltons Point.
Categories. • Natural Features • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,178 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. 2. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 3. submitted on , by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.