Casper in Natrona County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
The first level housed the drill area, horse stalls, blacksmith shop, wagon shop, and equipment room. The second level contained the hay loft, a viewing area, and a ballroom with hardwood floors.
In 1987, the structure was razed to improve traffic flow around Casper College. This monument reflects the fond memories of Armory activities shared by many Casper citizens.
Erected 1989 by Natrona County Historical Society.
Location. 42° 50.082′ N, 106° 19.379′ W. Marker is in Casper, Wyoming, in Natrona County. Marker is on South Wolcott Street (Wyoming Route 251) near Dublin Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1699 South Wolcott Street, Casper WY 82601, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Oregon-California Trail (approx. 1.1 miles away); Cable Tool Drilling Rig (approx. 1.2 miles away); Wyoming's Oil & Gas Monument Corrections (approx. 1.2 miles away); Pioneer Monument / Fort Casper (approx. 1.2 miles away); City of Casper (approx. 1.5 miles away); Casper: "The Oil Capital of the Rockies" (approx. 1.6 miles away); Site of Fort Casper (approx. 2.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Casper.
More about this marker. This marker is located in a triangular park, bordered by South Wolcott Dublin and East 15th streets, at the northern edge of Casper College.
Categories. • Military •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 173 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.