Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
East Hanover in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Old Parsonage

Circa 1757

 
 
Old Parsonage Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, December 9, 2015
1. Old Parsonage Marker
Inscription. Built as Parsonage for Hanover Presbyterian Church. Jacob Green, pastor 1748-1790. Politic activist, teacher, and Princeton Trustee lived here during part of his pastorate.
 
Erected 1977 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Location. 40° 48.114′ N, 74° 22.225′ W. Marker is in East Hanover, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Hanover Road. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 27 Hanover Road (NJ 609), East Hanover NJ 07936, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The First School (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hanover Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hanover Presbyterian Church & Unknown Continental Soldiers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Halfway House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Columbia School District   No. 5 (approx. 1.4 miles away); Hedges – Fish Homestead (approx. 2 miles away); Whippany Burying Yard (approx. 2.2 miles away); Whipponong Cemetery (approx. 2.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in East Hanover.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.Colonial Era
 
Old Parsonage Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, December 9, 2015
2. Old Parsonage Marker
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 195 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement