Near Doss in Gillespie County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 10068.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 28.605′ N, 99° 7.452′ W. Marker is near Doss, Texas, in Gillespie County. Marker is on Langes Mill Road half a mile east of Ranch to Market Road 783, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Doss TX 78618, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Peter Lutheran Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); Squaw Creek Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); John O. Meusebach (approx. 6.9 miles away); The Marschall - Meusebach Cemetery (approx. 7.5 miles away); Bethel M.E. Church (approx. 7.7 Diedrich Rode Complex (approx. 8.3 miles away); Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 8.4 miles away); Old Cherry Spring School (approx. 8.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Doss.
Also see . . . Lange's Mill, TX. From the Texas State Historical Associationís “Handbook of Texas Online”. (Submitted on December 20, 2015.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Native Americans •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 64 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.