Boys Ranch in Oldham County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
August 21, 1876
January 12, 1881
Named in honor of
Williamson Simpson Oldham
Arkansas lawyer and jurist
member of the
Confederate Senate from Texas
County seat, Tascosa, 1881
Vega, since 1915
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 3845.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 35° 32.067′ N, 102° 15.989′ W. Marker is in Boys Ranch, Texas, in Oldham County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 385, on the right when traveling north on U.S. 385. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Boys Ranch TX 79010, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Historic LS (here, next to this marker); Old Tascosa (here, next to this marker); Cal Farley's Boys Ranch (here, next to this marker); Boot Hill Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Tascosa Courthouse, 1884 (approx. Tascosa (approx. 0.6 miles away); Matador Cowboys Reunion Association (approx. 10.9 miles away); Hartley County Courthouse (approx. 10.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Boys Ranch.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 229 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.