Lodi in San Joaquin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Woman's Club of Lodi
In celebration we honor those women of vision who in 1906 started this club, first known as the Lodi Improvement Club. Their efforts helped to make Lodi the livable place it is today.
Rededicated October 22, 1988
Location. 38° 8.071′ N, 121° 16.652′ W. Marker is in Lodi, California, in San Joaquin County. Marker is at the intersection of West Pine Street and North Lee Avenue, on the right when traveling west on West Pine Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 325 West Pine Street, Lodi CA 95240, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Laura de Force Gordon (a few steps from this marker); Hotel Lodi (approx. 0.2 miles away); The First A&W Root Beer (approx. ¼ mile away); City Hall, Fire House and Jail (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hale Park (approx. half a mile away); Salem School Bell (approx. 1.2 miles away); San Joaquin Valley College (approx. 1.8 miles away); Harmony Grove Church (approx. 5.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lodi.
Also see . . . The Woman's Club of Lodi: History. The Woman's Club of Lodi presents its history: "1906 - 28 ladies gathered to form the Ladies Improvement Club. Its purpose was to assist in the progress and betterment of Lodi.... (Submitted on December 23, 2015.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 195 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.