Laytonville in Mendocino County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Stable / The Laytonville Baptist Church
The Pinches Stable was located here during the late eighteen-hundreds. During that time horses were the key element for travel and people passing through town boarded them here.
Laytonville's first church was built here in the 1860's. Before this church, services were held at private homes or schools. The Laytonville Baptist Church was sometimes used as a courthouse. Passing ministers would hold sermons here, but since it was not regularly put to use, it was to become a place to play for the children in the 1920s. It was eventually torn down because of its discontinued use. The bell can be found on display in the Babcock Bell Collection in Willits
Erected 2002 by Remington C., Amanda W.M., Mallory W.O.
Location. 39° 41.357′ N, 123° 28.972′ W. Marker is in Laytonville, California, in Mendocino County. Marker is on U.S. 101 0.1 miles north of Branscomb Road, on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 45020 Highway 101, Laytonville CA 95454, United States of America.
More about this marker. The marker is located on the east side of US 101 in the northern part of Laytonville. Driving
Categories. • Animals • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 267 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.