“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Lindale in Smith County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)

Sabine Methodist Church

Sabine Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Randal B. Gilbert, December 26, 2015
1. Sabine Methodist Church Marker
Inscription. Organized in 1894 by the Rev. W.L. Pate, this congregation was named for its proximity to the Sabine River. Land for the church, school, and cemetery was donated by Joe Crone. The fellowship was served first by circuit preachers, but in 1922 began sharing a minister with the Lindale Methodist Church. In 1969, the Sabine and Lindale congregations merged. Throughout its history, Sabine Methodist Church has placed an emphasis on Christian education and has provided fellowship for members who often live miles apart in the surrounding rural area.
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 7753.)
Location. 32° 33.806′ N, 95° 23.422′ W. Marker is near Lindale, Texas, in Smith County. Marker is at the intersection of County Road 4122 and Old Dallas-Shreveport Road (County Road 452), on the left when traveling north on County Road 4122. Click for map. The marker is on the front wall of the Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 13592 County Rd 4122, Lindale TX 75771, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bethesda Presbyterian Church and Cemetery (approx. 2.1 miles away); Whisenhunt-Kinzie House (approx.
Sabine Methodist Church image. Click for full size.
By Randal B. Gilbert, December 26, 2015
2. Sabine Methodist Church
3.6 miles away); Damascus Baptist Church (approx. 3.9 miles away); Duck Creek Soil Erosion Project (approx. 4 miles away); Site of Flora (approx. 4.2 miles away); Vial-Fragosa Trail (approx. 5.5 miles away); Hubbard Family Cemetery (approx. 5.9 miles away); Flewellen-Thweatt Cemetery (approx. 5.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lindale.
More about this marker. The Church is located on the old Dallas Shreveport Road, which at this location was laid out by Smith County in 1851. Until the railroads reached Dallas in the late 1860's this was the main transportation route between Dallas and Shreveport.
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches, Etc.
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. This page has been viewed 134 times since then and 79 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement