Lindale in Smith County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 7766.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 32° 35.113′ N, 95° 28.871′ W. Marker is in Lindale, Texas, in Smith County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Dallas-Shreveport Road (County Road 452) and Old Mineola Highway (County Road 431), on the right when traveling west on Old Dallas-Shreveport Road. Click for map. The marker is at the northeast corner of this intersection. Marker is in this post office area: Lindale TX 75771, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Flewellen-Thweatt Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Camp of the Army of the Republic of Texas (approx. 1.5 miles away); Site of Flora (approx. 2.5 miles away); Duck Creek Soil Erosion Project (approx. 2.7 miles away); Sabine Methodist Church Hubbard Family Cemetery (approx. 5.5 miles away); Whisenhunt-Kinzie House (approx. 6.4 miles away); Bethesda Presbyterian Church and Cemetery (approx. 7.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lindale.
Also see . . . Pedro Vial. Vial was one of the first great pathfinders and explorers of the plains. On the trek referenced by this marker, he traveled from Santa Fe to Natchitoches, a distance of over 800 miles in two months. Fragosa is also known as Cháves. (Submitted on December 26, 2015, by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas.)
Categories. • Exploration • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. This page has been viewed 124 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Randal B. Gilbert of Tyler, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.