Orinda in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Tres Ranchos Del Sur
Boundary Marker and Monument
—Historic Landmark - The City of Orinda —
October 7, 2003
(The superscripts below refer to the numbers on the marker inset map. identifying the individual ranchos.)
1 Rancho El Sobrante, 20,565 acres granted Victor and Juan Jose Castro by Governor Juan Bautista Alvarado, April 23, 1841.
2 Rancho Acalanes, 3,329 acres granted to Candelario Valencia by Governor Jose Figueroa, August 5, 1834. Sold in 1847 to Elam Brown, founder of Lafayette.
3 Rancho Laguna de Los Palos Colorados, 13,300 acres granted to Joaquin Moraga and Juan Bernal by the Monterey Assembly. "Decree of Concession" signed July 31, 1841.
Location. 37° 52.787′ N, 122° 9.884′ W. Marker is in Orinda, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on Hillcrest Drive north of Overhill Road. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 199 Hillcrest Drive, Orinda CA 94563, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Pony Express (approx. one mile Bryant Station Site (approx. one mile away); Lafayette Town Hall (approx. 2.6 miles away); Lafayette House (approx. 2.6 miles away); Dedicated to the Pony Express (approx. 2.7 miles away); Geils Building (approx. 2.7 miles away); Kennedy Tunnel (approx. 3.1 miles away); Joseph Joachin Moraga (approx. 3.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Orinda.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 210 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.