Medford in Jackson County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Historic Renovation Award 2006
Former owner Fred Phelps initiated the renovation in 2002. J. R. Development, LLC, purchased the property in 2004 and restored the west elevation to approximate the original building design. Awnings and tile-covered columns were the finishing touches to the transformation. The building reflects the influence of the Chicago School style of architecture.
For the historically sensitive renovation of a significant asset to the downtown historic district, the Medford Historic Commission awards this plaque to owner J.R. Development, LLC.
Location. 42° 19.635′ N, 122° 52.366′ W. Marker is in Medford, Oregon, in Jackson County. Marker is at the intersection of North Central Avenue and East 6th Street on North Central Avenue. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 38 North Central Avenue, Medford OR 97501, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Catholic Rectory (approx. 4.9 miles away); Rogue River Valley Railroad Depot (approx. 5 miles away); City Hall (approx. 5 miles away); Rich Gulch (approx. 5.2 miles away); The Whittle Garage (approx. 12.1 miles away); Citizens Banking and Trust Company Building No. 2 1910 (approx. 12.3 miles away); Enders Building No. 1, 1914 (approx. 12.3 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 255 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.