Inscription. 288 Yards south is the site of the Second Episcopal Church in Goochland County. Built before 1764, this church was in use until about 1861. William Douglas of Scotland was the rector until 1777. Among other rectors were Charles Hopkins and Richard Wilmer.
By Kathy Walker, October 7, 2007
|1. Beaverdam Episcopal Church Marker|
Location. 37° 41.871′ N, 77° 51.884′ W. Marker is near Goochland, Virginia, in Goochland County. Marker is on Fairground Road, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Goochland VA 23063, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, as the crow flies. Goochland County Courthouse (approx. 1.5 miles away); Goochland Courthouse (approx. 1.5 miles away); Michaux Grant (approx. 3.2 miles away); The 1936 Virginia Prison Recordings (approx. 3.8 miles away); Monocan Indians Village of Pineville (Michaux) (approx. 4 miles away); Byrd Presbyterian Church (approx. 4.3 miles away); Bolling Hall (approx. 4.5 miles away); Bolling Island (approx. 4.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Goochland.
Credits. This page originally submitted on July 16, 2008, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,080 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on July 16, 2008, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
|Recommend or Share This Page. |