The Head of the River Church
Society Founded 1780, Church Built 1792-First Trustees; David Sayres, Judah Swain, William Smith, Constance Smith, John Champion John Corson, William Goff.
(Bottom left marker)
The Head of the River Methodist Episcopal Church is on both the National and New Jersey registers of Historic Buildings and Sites.
(Bottom right marker)
Head of the River M.E. Church and Cemetery-Est 1792. This plaque was presented on October 12, 2003 by the New Jersey Sarah Soper Chapter of the National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century, to recognize the historic significance of this site and its importance to the community and its people.
Location. 39° 18.658′ N, 74° 49.254′ W. Marker is in Estell Manor, New Jersey, in Atlantic County. Marker is on Head of the River Road (NJ 649). Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Estell Manor NJ 08319, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Tie That Binds (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Etna (Aetna) Furnace (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Flattening House (approx. 6.9 miles away); The Melting Furnace (approx. 6.9 miles away);
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 223 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.