Shelby in Orleans County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Early Quaker burial ground
1875 vault and stonewall
built of Medina sandstone.
Chapel built 1894.
Erected 2015 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Location. 43° 11.414′ N, 78° 19.501′ W. Marker is in Shelby, New York, in Orleans County. Marker is on East Shelby Road (County Route 8) 1.1 miles south of Maple Ridge Road (New York State Route 31A), on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medina NY 14103, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Millville 1815 (approx. 1.2 miles away); Burial Ground (approx. 1.5 miles away); The Medina Culvert (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Culvert Road (approx. 3.3 miles away); Second Lieutenant John E. Butts (approx. 3.4 miles away); In Honor of Our Departed Comrades (approx. 3.5 miles away); Earliest Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); Welcome to Historic Medina (approx. 3.7 miles away).
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 204 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.