Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ballston in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Beriah Palmer

 
 
Beriah Palmer Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, February 18, 2016
1. Beriah Palmer Marker
Inscription.
Site of Home
Beriah Palmer
Supervisor Ballston 1790-01
Member of Assembly 1793-95
Member of Congress 1803-05
Surrogate Saratoga County
1808-12

 
Erected 1936 by New York State Education Department.
 
Location. 42° 55.349′ N, 73° 52.839′ W. Marker is in Ballston, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is at the intersection of Larkin Drive and Midline Road (New York State Route 146A), on the right when traveling east on Larkin Drive. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ballston Lake NY 12019, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Larkin House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Inn of William Bettys (approx. half a mile away); Waterman House (approx. half a mile away); Stevens School (approx. 0.8 miles away); Calvary Episcopal Church (approx. one mile away); Town of Ballston (approx. 1.1 miles away); Kingsley Inn (approx. 1.2 miles away); McDonalds Site (approx. 1.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Ballston.
 
Also see . . .  Beriah Palmer - Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. (Submitted on February 22, 2016, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Beriah Palmer Marker image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, February 18, 2016
2. Beriah Palmer Marker

 
Categories. PoliticsSettlements & Settlers
 
Buell Mansion image. Click for full size.
By Howard C. Ohlhous, February 18, 2016
3. Buell Mansion
The Buell Mansion is located at the intersection of Midline Road and Larkin Drive. The back portion of the building is said to have been built by Beriah Palmer, a founding father of the town of Ballston. The front portion was built by Reverend Edward Davis, the founder of the Calvary Episcopal Church. Note the carriage step in the foreground with S.W. Buel in raised lettering.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 300 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.   3. submitted on , by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement