Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Buﬀalo and Black Rock Railroad
Southern terminus of horse-drawn
railroad over which first car
traveled on May 16, 1834. Absorbed
1835 by Buffalo and Niagara Falls
(steam) Railroad and, in 1853,
became part of the New York
Erected 1964 by New York Central System, Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society.
Location. 42° 52.784′ N, 78° 52.646′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Pearl Street and Upper Terrace, on the left when traveling south on Pearl Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Buffalo NY 14202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Medical Society of the County of Erie (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Buffalo's First School House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Grand Canal (approx. 0.2 miles away); Buffalo - Queen City of the Lakes (approx. 0.2 miles away); Buffalo Riverfront Historical Eras to 1930 Miles Gilbert "Tim" Horton (approx. 0.2 miles away); A Changing Waterfront (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Buffalo.
More about this marker. The figure at the top of the marker is the Buffalo History Museum.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 216 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.