Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Palace of the Viceroy Diego Colón
Palacio Virreinal de Diego Colón
Sede del primer virreinato de América y residencia de la familia Colón-de Toledo. Su construcción se inicia en 1511 por orden del Virrey y Gobernador Don Diego Colón, hijo del Primer Almirante Don Cristóbal Colón, descubridor de América. Estuvo ocupado por la familia y sus descendientes hasta 1577, reconstruido en 1955, alberga un museo histórico.
Site of the first Viceroyalty of America and residence of the Colón de Toledo family. Its construction started in 1511 by the Viceroy and Governor Diego Colón, son of the First Admiral Christopher Columbus, discoverer of America. It was occupied by the family and their descendants until 1577, rebuilt in 1955, it houses a historical museum.
Location. 18° 28.645′ N, 69° 52.964′ W. Marker is in Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo. Marker can be reached from Calle La Atarazana. Click for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Colonial City of Santo Domingo (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Palace of the Governors (about 150 meters away); The Residence of Treasurer Cristóbal de Santa Clara (about 180 meters away); Chapel of Our Lady of the Remedies (about 210 House of the Jesuits (about 210 meters away); The Dávila House (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); The Pantheon of the Nation (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Christopher Columbus' Last Residence (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Click for a list of all markers in Santo Domingo.
Categories. • Man-Made Features • Politics •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 165 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 2, 3. submitted on , by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.