Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Prudential (Guaranty) Building
Architect, Louis H. Sullivan,
called the father of modern
American architecture Early
all-steel frame office bldg.
with fine terra cotta veneer
Built in 1895
Erected 1966 by Buffalo Holding Corporation, Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society.
Location. 42° 52.992′ N, 78° 52.594′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Pearl Street and Church Street, on the right when traveling south on Pearl Street. Click for map. Marker is fixed to the building at the intersection, Church Street side. Marker is at or near this postal address: 140 Pearl Street, Buffalo NY 14202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Saint Paul's Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The City of Buffalo Sent 18893 Men to Serve in the Great War (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Paul's Cathedral (within shouting distance of this marker); General Kazimierz Pulaski (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Greek Settlers of Buffalo Ellicott Square Building (about 400 feet away); Ellicott Square (about 400 feet away); Buffalo's First School House (about 400 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Buffalo.
More about this marker. The figure at the top of the marker is the Buffalo History Museum.
Also see . . .
1. Prudential (Guaranty) Building - Wikipedia. (Submitted on March 3, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
2. Guaranty / Prudential Building - Buffalo as an Architectural Museum. (Submitted on March 3, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Architecture •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 183 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.