Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Unitarian Congregational Society Building
in 1833 by the First Unitarian
Congregational Society of Buffalo
which worshipped here until 1880.
Abraham Lincoln in February
1861, attended church services
here and sat in the pew of his
host Millard Fillmore.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Lincoln 1861 Inaugural Train Stops marker series.
Location. 42° 53.088′ N, 78° 52.629′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of Franklin Street and West Eagle Street, on the right when traveling south on Franklin Street. Click for map. Marker is fixed to the corner of the building at the intersection, facing Franklin Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 Franklin Street, Buffalo NY 14202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Our Legacy of Abundant Water (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Prudential (Guaranty) Building (about 600 feet away); "...With Liberty and Justice for All." (about 600 feet away); William McKinley (about 700 feet away); Saint Paul's Episcopal Church The City of Buffalo Sent 18893 Men to Serve in the Great War (about 700 feet away); Niagara Square (about 700 feet away); Charles R. Turner (about 700 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Buffalo.
Also see . . . First Unitarian Church / Title Guarantee Building - Buffalo as an Architectural Museum. (Submitted on March 5, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 152 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.