Rockett in Ellis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bell's Chapel Cemetery
Church and cemetery were named in honor of confederate war veteran Jodie M. Bell, a church and civic leader in Rockett community, and first person to be buried here, 1877.
Red Oak Masonic Lodge No. 461, chartered in 1876, helped build 2-story chapel and meeting hall.
The lodge moved to Red Oak in 1894.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 7083.)
Location. 32° 28.742′ N, 96° 47.048′ W. Marker is in Rockett, Texas, in Ellis County. Marker is on Bells Chapel Road 0.3 miles east of Dawn Drive, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waxahachie TX 75165, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Parson's Cavalry (approx. 2.4 miles away).
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 174 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.