Hamden Covered Bridge
Hamden Covered Bridge Built in 1859 and placed on the state and national registers of historic places in 1999.
Built in 1859 by Robert Murray to span 128' of the west branch at a cost of $1,000. Restored in 2000 for $558,000 by W.L. Kline, Inc. as a tribute to the skills of the past.
This plaque donated by descendants of Robert Murray.
Erected by Town of Hamden.
Location. 42° 11.741′ N, 74° 59.34′ W. Marker is in Hamden, New York, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 10 and Basin Clove Road on State Route 10. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hamden NY 13782, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The 144th Regiment (approx. 6.8 miles away); Frisbee House (approx. 8.7 miles away); Fitch's Covered Bridge (approx. 9 miles away).
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Scott J. Payne of Deposit, New York. This page has been viewed 111 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by Scott J. Payne of Deposit, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.