Daisy Airgun Museum
Charles Juhre built this building in 1894 for the Rogers Grocery Company. In 1900, the building was occupied by the J.W. Ford Grocery and Feed Store. In 1918, McGill's Drug Store was here and then, in 1925, it became The Corner Drug Store, which was owned by Fred Applegate, followed by Harold Applegate, and finally Kenneth Petway. When the drug store closed in the late 1990s, the building had been a drug store for over 82 years.
Upstairs was the home of famous doctors including Dr. M.H. Oakley, and Dr. Neal Estes in 1930, and Dr. James L. Pickens in the 1950s. The Massingill Photography Studio was here in the 1940s and 1950s.
The building was purchased by Ray and Debbie Hobbs in 1997.
A new chapter in the life of this historic building began on November 14, 2004, when the Daisy Airgun Museum had its grand opening. The museum is a non-profit corporation that features a chronological presentation of Daisy history, and the world's largest airgun collection with guns dating to the 1600s. The gift shop offers many Daisy products, memorabilia, and limited edition collectibles.
Location. 36° 19.98′ N, 94° 7.054′ W. Marker is in Rogers, Arkansas, in Benton County. Marker is at the intersection of 2nd Street (Arkansas Route 12) and Walnut Street
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Arvest Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Victory Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); Harris Baking Company (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); First United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Historic Rogers Post Office Building (about 800 feet away); F-101B Voodoo (approx. 2.7 miles away); All Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.7 miles away); Cross Hollows (approx. 3.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Rogers.
Regarding Daisy Airgun Museum. The building contributes to the Rogers Commercial (formerly Walnut Street) National Register Historic District.
Also see . . .
1. Juhre Buildings, Rogers AR. (Submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
2. Rogers Commercial (formerly Walnut Street) Historic District National Register Registration Form. (Submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
3. Daisy Airgun Museum, Rogers AR. (Submitted on March 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 128 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.