The Three Chimneys
The site was part of a 20,000-acre grant awarded to Richard Oswald by King George III in 1764 for the production of sugar, rum and indigo.
Originally known as the Swamp Settlement, it consisted of over 300 cleared acres and included outbuildings, an overseer's house, grain houses, a sugar house, distillery works, and a sugar mill.
Erected 2012 by National Society Daughters of the American Colonists, project of the 2009-2012 administration Georgia C. Holder, National President, Patricia G. Roberts, Florida State Regent.
Location. 29° 16.734′ N, 81° 4.54′ W. Marker is in Ormond Beach, Florida, in Volusia County. Marker is on Granada Boulevard (State Road 40) 0.1 miles east of North Old Kings Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ormond Beach FL 32174, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named The Three Chimneys (a few steps from this marker); Old Kings Road (approx. 0.3 miles away); Hotel Ormond
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Agriculture • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 139 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.