Jackson in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Original Feliciana Courthouse
Built in 1816
This building has been owned by the Jackson Assembly since 1969.
Erected 2009 by Feliciana Chapter NSCDXVIIC.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 30° 50.276′ N, 91° 12.85′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Louisiana, in East Feliciana Parish. Marker is at the intersection of High Street and College Street (Louisiana Highway 952), on the left when traveling west on High Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1730 High St, Jackson LA 70748, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Feliciana Courthouse (a few steps from this marker); Methodist Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); First European Settlers (about 700 feet away); Jackson (about 700 feet away); Burial Site of Lt. Col. John C. McKowen (approx. 0.2 miles away); Centenary State Historic Site (approx. 0.4 miles away); Linwood (approx. 7.4 miles away); Audubon Memorial (approx. 8.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Jackson.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 156 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on . • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.