Fort Edward in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
of timber taken from Fort Edward.
The first tavern and scene of the
first court in Charlotte County.
Headquarters of Schuyler – Arnold –
Burgoyne – Stark – 1777.
Oldest house in Washington County
Erected by the state of New York 1928
Erected 1928 by State of New York.
Location. 43° 15.701′ N, 73° 34.808′ W. Marker is in Fort Edward, New York, in Washington County. Marker is on Broadway (U.S. 4), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 29 Broadway, Fort Edward NY 12828, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Fort House Museum (a few steps from this marker); The Patt Smyth House (a few steps from this marker); Gen. Washington (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Moat (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Fort Edward (approx. ¼ mile away); Fort Edward (approx. ¼ mile away); Northeast Bastion (approx. ¼ mile away); The Island (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Fort Edward.
Also see . . . Old Fort House Museum. (Submitted on July 20, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • War, French and Indian • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,243 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.