Antioch in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Antioch High School Cupola
In 1965, the old main brick building was demolished due to earthquake damage. The cupola was then relocated to the corner of the newly constructed multi-purpose building fronting D Street where it remained until its transfer to the Antioch Historical Society Museum in 2006. Years earlier the weathervane (which can be viewed in our upstairs Schools Room) was gifted to the museum. After many years, the cupola and its weathervane have been united at this site to be displayed and preserved for years to come.
Erected by Antioch Historical Society.
Location. 38° 0.969′ N, 121° 49.578′ W. Marker is in Antioch, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker can be reached from West 4th Street near O Street, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1500 West 4th Street, Antioch CA 94509, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. The McCoy Cook House (a few steps from this marker); Riverview Union High School (within shouting distance of this marker); City of Antioch War Dog Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Cannery Lady (approx. half a mile away); The Woman's Club of Antioch (approx. 0.7 miles away); F & AM - Antioch-Brentwood Lodge #175 Building (approx. 0.7 miles away); Birthplace of Antioch (approx. ¾ mile away); July 4, Anno Domini, 1951 (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Antioch.
More about this marker. The cupola is to the east of the Antioch Historical Society Museum.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 96 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.