Antioch in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Woman's Club of Antioch
These women spearheaded the first high school, first library, city park, paved streets and municipal water-sewer system. This lot was purchased in 1904; cardboard shingle sales for a dime built the permanent clubhouse in 1910. The building was leased as school rooms from 1920-22. Renovated and enlarged, otherwise occupied continuously by the Woman's Club of Antioch.
Erected 2001 by E Clampus Vitus, Joaquin Murrieta Chapter No. 13.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 38° 0.87′ N, 121° 48.821′ W. Marker is in Antioch, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on G Street near West 5th Street, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 509 G Street, Antioch CA 94509, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. F & AM - Antioch-Brentwood Lodge #175 Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Antioch The Cannery Lady (approx. 0.3 miles away); City of Antioch War Dog Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); July 4, Anno Domini, 1951 (approx. half a mile away); The McCoy Cook House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Antioch High School Cupola (approx. 0.7 miles away); Riverview Union High School (approx. 0.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Antioch.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 161 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.